Sunday, August 14, 2011

Monday Mailers .... August

Hope your weekend was good.  Ours was a little rainy but we needed it badly.  Hopefully the rain will cool down the temps.  I did a bit of yard work - pulling those nasty weeds - yesterday.  It didn't take long for the humidity to get me!  Friday night was the return of FOOTBALL!!  We met our friends, Barb and Mike and Marianne and Greg at Big Al's to watch the Steelers first pre-season game.  We didn't get to see much of the game because the station kept jumping to other games too.  But, it was nice to visit with Barb and Mike.   Mike had rotater cuff surgery on his right arm this summer and Barb practically has to do everything for him.  I think she was ready for a break!

Today Mom, my sisters and I went to see The Help.  It was sooo good.  I read the book earlier this summer and Marianne just finished it yesterday.  If you haven't read the book, do so!  The movie was pretty much just like the book and I can see it getting a few Academy Awards this year!  What are you waiting on?  Go see the move and read the book!!

I have a couple of cards to share with.  They are my Monday Mailers that I have received this month.  I have been lax in posting pictures of them!


Hope your week is a good one.  Mine is going to be busy!  I am playing Duplicate Bridge tomorrow and have Card Club on Tuesday and Thursday!

No comments: