Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Cards

I'm playing catch up!!  I received two great Thanksgiving cards that I want to share with you.

This one is from Margaret.   She stamped the leaves for the background onVanilla cardstock and used the Scallop Punch to scallop the edges.  It is matted on Soft Suede.  The apples in the center are from a retired SU set.   She pricked holes all around the edges of the apples and the sentiment.  Love it!

This masterpiece is from Judy.  She used non SU stamps and embossed the leaf in the center (I think!)  It is just beautiful!

Thanks gals!

I have been working on a couple of calendar pages today for a stamp club that I am in.  We each take two months and make a full page calendar page.  When we get together, we bind them and Leslie usually makes a cover sheet for all of us.  The months I chose this time were January and October.  I had actually almost finished them last week but I wasn't 100% sold on them.  So, today it was back to the drawing board!!  Now, I'm satisfied!

 I am loving this digi-download!  I was able to copy it to my word processing program and make it a little larger.  I paper-pieced his hat and used Flower Soft on his scarf.  Here is a close up:

Here is my October page:

This is actually more digi!  I did a search for free digital paper and found this great plaid and the little tag.  I embossed the paper with SU's Spider Web embossing folder.  I found the Trick or Treat ribbon in my stash and cut it apart and secured it in the corner of the page.  The little ghost is a brad that I have had for about 5 years!  "Spooky" is from SU's Wicked Fun stamp set.  Here is a close up:

 Hope these inspire you today.

No comments: