Thursday, November 11, 2010

Not My Usual Trashy Self!

I've been working on Christmas cards the past few days.  I found a few images in my stash so decided to color them and make them into Christmas cards.  I didn't have to cut up a bunch of paper or throw away rejects.  Tonight when Sonny went around to collect the trash from all the rooms to take to the curb, he was quite surprised to find my trash can(s) weren't overflowing as usual.  He asked me what I'd been doing all week - obviously not making my normal amount of trash.  He usually hates to come in my craft room!  I try to have it bundled up in advance or at least to be in the room to empty my trash containers in his black plastic bag.  I have one regular sized trash can under my desk and 3 small trash receptacles scattered about - on the floor and table.  After all the work I had done on various projects for the craft fair the last few weeks, I took a much needed break this week.  I'm sure in the next few weeks, I'll be back to my "trashy self!"  I've got calendars to get done in time for Thanksgiving!

So, here are some of the cards I did this week:

This card uses SU DSP and cardstock, the Big Shot and an embossing folder.  The Christmas light stanp is from DRS.

 Another non SU stamp and DSP.  I colored the pine cones with my Copics.  The one on the right has Liquid Applique on it for snow as well as Stickles and the one on the left just has Stickles on it.  Both are pretty glittery.
I was looking through my stamps the other day for a Santa Claus and realized I didn't have one (except for a very large one).  So, when I was in M's one day, I saw this guy and bought him.  He's pretty jolly!  I embossed him with black embossing powder and used the Liquid Applique on the hat.  The DSP and Riding Hood Red cardstock is from SU. 

I've since bought an SU Santa that I really like.  I hope to ink him up tomorrow!  The set is from the Holiday Mini catalog - Jolly Old Saint Nick.  There are 2 Santas and a darling snowman!   Hopefully I will have some "play" time tomorrow.  We are leaving for Pittsburgh on Friday a.m. and we have to pack and go to town to get my nasty car washed so we can see out the windows when we are driving!! 

I will be in a Blog Hop this weekend.  I will be getting it ready tomorrow and setting it to post while I am gone.  This is the first Blog Hop I have done and I am excited about it.  It is for Operation Write Home so be sure to stop back by on SATURDAY and check out my Valentines!

No comments: