Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our Pittsburgh Trip

Are you getting ready for Thanksgiving .... making the pies, thawing the turkey, getting ingredients together for the stuffing?  I've been to the store and gotten most of what I need.  I'm sure I'll be making another run to the store later today (or maybe talk Sonny into it!)  We always have Thanksgiving at my house with me doing most of the salads, veggies, pies and cooking the turkey.  But, Marianne usually comes over a day or two before Thanksgiving and spends the night so we can get started on our preparations.  She makes the sweet potato casserole and dressing each year.  She arrived late yesterday afternoon and we  played in my stamp room most of the night while watching tv (Dancing With the Stars).  She's making calendars and I'm trying to finish up my Thanksgiving cards  I was really pulling for Brandy but she got eliminated last week so my next favorite was Kyle.  I really figured Jennifer Gray would win but I was not pulling for her.  I was pretty sick of hearing her whine and cry every week about her injuries.  But, of course, she was the winner. 

I realized I hadn't shared my pictures from my recent Pittsburgh trip!

Don't these look yummy?  We went shopping down at the Strip District and these were for sale.  Can you believe I didn't even buy anything???

At the Steelers game all decked out in my black and gold.  It was raining a little bit when we first got there but it quit before kickoff.

This is the doormat that is now at my front door!  This is how the Pittsburgh'ers talk!
 Isn't this gorgeous?  This is Franco Harris'  Super Bowl Ring from the 70s!! 
Mr. Rogers!  We went to a History Museum while we were there.  Mr Rogers was from Pittsburgh.  My kids loved his show.


This is how Sonny would like to fix his car up!!  This was actually someone's car and he donated it to the museum.  Ain't it cool?

Sonny at the Consol Energy Center where the Penguins (hockey) play.  Unfortunately they lost in overtime but we had fun anyway!

No comments: