Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fall Back - Calendar Time

Did you remember to "Fall Back" last night and enjoy that extra hour of sleep?  I did while snuggling under my down comforter.  I like it cold when I'm sleeping so I can snuggle down under the covers.  It's putting my foot outside of those covers when I have to get up that I don't like.  Sonny and I enjoyed breakfast this a.m. at Bob Evans since we wouldn't be headed over to the Steeler bar at noon for the game.  (They are playing Monday night so we'll be watching them from home this week.)  I've had to satisfy my Sunday football fever with watching the Ravens play Miami and New Orleans beating up on the poor Panthers.  Next week though .... I'll be watching the Steelers from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh Sunday night!!!  Can't wait!  Plus, we also got tickets for the Penguins hockey game on Monday night! 

I started working on the calendars that I do for friends and family each year.  I finished the first one today.  It is a CD calendar.  I was working so hard, I burned a hole in my embossing tray! 

 It happened while I was making these fall leaves.  I love this technique but don't do it very often.  I stamped the leaves (from French Foilage - SU holiday mini) in a variegated stamp pad (Big & Juicy pad) and cut each one out.  Then squoosh them into Versamark.  Holding the leaf with tweezers, dip each one in Extra Thick Embossing Powder and heat with heat gun.  Dip again into embossing powder while still hot & heat again.  Repeat this 3-4 times.  You end up with leaves that you could actually use for a piece of jewelry (with a pin on the back).  

 I glued the leaves onto this page using Glossy Accents.


 Used the apple from the hostess set, Apple Blossoms; punched the star & added a button.

 The trees are from Tropical Party and the dog is from a retired set that I don't remember the name of.

Purple flowers are from Awash With Flowers and the daffodils are from Abundant Hope.

Christmas girl is from Greeting Card Kids and October is Wicked Cool.

Melting snowmen - aren't they cute?  It's a Northwoods stamp.  The girl is a Magnolia stamp.

Love birds are from a hostess set in the holiday mini - Northern Hearts.  The shamrock stamp is an old Michael's Dollar stamps.

No comments: