Monday, November 8, 2010

Muffin, Muffin, Who's got the Muffin?

I made a couple of Advent Calendars from Mini Muffin Tins!  What fun they were.  I originally had just made one but the gal who bought it wanted another one for her other grandchild.  So I improved on the original!

I got the tins at Walmart.  The red and green paper is cut to 1 1/4" square.  Layer on those squares, the large scallop circles.  Then punch designer paper in 1 3/4" circles and layer them onto the scallops.  Then I just typed 1-24 on my word processing program in a font I liked, printed them out onto white cardstock, and punched them out with the 3/4" punch.  On the back of the red and green squares, I glued think magnets.  The magnets were a real find!  A few years ago, Ashley was cleaning out her desk and had about 100 of these refrigerator magnets she'd gotten from a drug rep or something.  Anyway, I don't like to throw anything away so I took them.  It's amazing how often I've used those little magnets.  They have been a real find!

I played bridge today .... and actually had the top score which was surprising because my hands pretty much sucked!  But that just goes to show how bad everyone's hands were.  I won't be able to play Mahjongg on Friday due to going to Pittsburgh which made several of the gals happy since I have been winning big time the past month and taking their money!  (We only play for $2!)

No comments: