Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wicked Cool!

I've been playing around with one of my new stamp sets - Wicked Cool.  I was trying to restrain from buying any Halloween stamps since I really don't do that much decorating or card sending anymore for Halloween.  But I've got two little boys in Austin that I'll be sending a card to for Halloween so I decided I could splurge.  Plus, I just love this stamp set - especially the witches boots stamp!  So, without further ado, here's a few cards I made with it.

This is the first one I made.  I embossed the hat and shoes with black embossing powder.  The polka dot strip is one I found in my stash (non SU).  Don't you love the label?  I forgot I had it!  It's SU's Sizzix Lots of Tags (pg 211 in catty) and it is so simple to run that black cardstock through the Big Shot!  I layered the sentiment using the oval punch.  The green cardstock is retired Green Galore.

This is the next one I made and this will be my shoebox swap at Quarterly.  I used the Spider Web embossing folder for the strip across the witches and stamped a few bats in the background.  The cardstock base is Eggplant.

This card was sent to Jana for her Monday Mailer this week.  I think I may do this one for my club also next week.  The colors I used are:  Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, and Perfect Plum.  I used Incolor ribbon with rhinestones.  The spider web was made by running my black cardstock through the Big Shot with the web embossing folder.  Then I sponged Frost White Shimmer Paint over it.  For a final touch, I topped the web off with a little black ink sponging.

Tomorrow night I am doing the Stamp of the Month at our local stamp store with my friend, Judy and Marianne.  I haven't done the stamp of the month in probably 6-7 months, but the Halloween board looked so cute this time, we couldn't resist! 

No comments: