Thursday, September 16, 2010

Halloween Kid

My friend Margaret was able to come over today for our club meeting.  Normally, she is in Texas or Colorado & I have to send her the cards or the materials to make them.  So, it was nice to have her join us today.  I'm still trying to get my club gals to clean up after themselves.  I think I have made the mistake of always cleaning up for them and they have gotten used to it.  They don't clean the stamps after they use them; they don't put the materials back in the basket after they are done so we are usually looking for something at one end of the table or the other.  I have about 8 gals and I usually have half working on one card while the other half are working on another one.  That way, the sharing is not as hard and it flows a little better.  They are great ladies and I am hoping they will want to continue with Club after November when we finish.  Maybe by then, I'll have them whipped into shape!!

Margaret ordered the Greeting Card Kids and while she was here, I stamped a bunch of them on white paper so I can share them with you.  Here is the Halloween Kid card I made tonight.

Isn't she cute?  I used some Spica markers that I had to color in the image.  It's really sparkly in real life.

While my ladies were here today, I got another call from Ashley!  Again, her Dad wasn't here but he learned his lesson this time!  She called him on his cell and he had it with him on the shooting range!!  She sounded a little congested.  She said it was pretty windy and the sand blowing around is getting to everyone.  She tried to exercise a little this morning but said it made her nauseated.  She still hasn't gotten acclimated to the climate and needs to take it slow.  Their plans are to leave Kuwait on Monday for Mosul which will be her location for the next year.

I am leaving in the morning for Shallotte for Quarterly so I won't be able to post for a couple of days.  Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: