Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quarterly Recipe Swap

I got to talk to Ashley this morning via Skype which allowed me to see her as well as hear her.  She was able to see Sonny & I but couldn't hear us since I didn't have a microphone.  So I was typing all the conversations on this end.  I'm still just learning about all this!  I sent Sonny to Best Buy today to get us a mic so tomorrow we'll see how it works.  While we were talking to her, she took us on a video tour of her quarters.  She wanted to show her Dad around so he could give her some advice on how to fix a few things!  We were quite impressed.  She has her own place with a bathroom and a walk-in closet!  The person who had her room before she did left her a couch/futon, desk, chair, shelving that they had built plus shelving in her closet.  They also left a small refrigerator, microwave and tv.  So she doesn't have it too bad.  She plans on buying a larger tv so she can watch some Steeler football (hopefully)!  I don't know what kind of tv shows she gets there but I think she can pay for cable as well as internet coverage.

I want to share the 6x6 Recipe Swaps from Quarterly.  I wasn't too thrilled with my card but the others were great!  I'm going to put them into a book.

My Quick Chicken Tortilla Soup
Kathy Hunt's Easy Taco Salad
Marianne's Pineapple Cheese Ball
Mary Bergere's Stuffed Jalepeno Peppers 
Mary's Recipe - peppers
Gwen Phillips Yummy Chicken Pie
Cathy Snipes Candy Bar Pie
my favorite!  Janie's Ham Rollups
Dina Wilson's Fudgy Brownie Cookies
Pat (I think - no name) Super-Chunky Christmas Cookies
Danielle Blech's Apple Cheesecake
Tina Lesson's Easy Cream Cheese Pie
Nancy Carr's S'more Meltaway Pie
Janet Marks' Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Aren't they great?  If you can't read a recipe and you want one of them, let me know and I'll send it to you.  These make me want to cook now!

No comments: