Monday, September 6, 2010

Tags to Die For

Hope you didn't "labor" too much today!  I sure didn't.  I finished up a couple of cards I was working on, did a quickie SEI scrapbook that I had gotten at CKC and went to the movies with my hubbie.  We saw The Americans with George Clooney.  The movie was ok; a little slow in my opinion, but George was smokin'!  He is such a hunk.  I used to love to watch him on ER. 

Sonny & I also went to M's real quick - he was surprised that I could go in and out of there that quickly!  We were looking for a flag to put up next weekend for 9-11.  I ended up getting a small garden flag and a new holder.  That way, I can keep the US flag up and change out my other seasonal garden flags.  I also want to go back this week with my coupon and get a yellow bow to put on my mailbox while Ashley is in Iraq.  I have been pretty teary today just thinking that at the end of this week, she'll be leaving US soil.  We probably talk to each other at least once a day, so there will be a huge gap in my life when she is gone.  I have Skype installed on my computer so that will be a help when she gets there.  Who knows how long it will take?  They will be leaving on Sunday for Kuwait.  She's not sure how long they will be there - probably a month before heading to Mosul.  She is going to try to get "qualified" tomorrow with her weapon.  That has not been going so well for her.  I'll have my fingers crossed for her.

I am participating in two Christmas Tag Swaps and I have both of them finished thanks to my trusty Big Shot and a few other tools.  I really like how they both turned out.  What do you think:

This one is for a swap at our local stamp store.  It uses a stamp set by JustRite.  I embossed the Happy Holidays in white detail powder.  I didn't even know there was a detail powder in white!  I made a couple of discoveries making this tag.  The other one was how I cut out the top of the tag.  I used my Nesties and just put the top through the Label Six die and cut the top out.

This one is my favorite!  It uses the SU Sizzix Two Tags Die with the Big Shot.  The tag is folded up & tucked under the little slit.  I made the little trees using my SU big star punch.  The snowflake is an SU punch and I ran a little glue over it and dipped it in white chunky glitter.  The button is actually from a die also!  It is the SU Sizzix Buttons die - doesn't it look real?  I distressed the white bottom part and stamped the sentiment from Punch Pals stamp set.  I'll be swapping this one at the SU Quarterly in Shallotte.

No comments: