Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We All Need a Little Sympathy

My club gals want to stock up on sympathy cards so that is what we will be making in October.  Unfortunately, sympathy cards are always needed .... especially at our age.  So, I played around today with a few of my stamp sets and made several sympathy cards.  I'm not sure which ones I'll have them do - I still want to make a few more and use Thoughts and Prayers.  But here's what I came up with today.  Some of them were CASE'd with me changing colors or stamp sets around.

This one uses the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes - a must have stamp set!  The grass is from Inspired By Nature.  I did a new technique with this one.  I don't remember the name but what you do is this:
  • Cut a piece of glossy white cardstock the size you want your design.
  • Cut 2 pieces of acetate the same size as the glossy white.
  • Punch out your moon & mask it where you want it using 1 1/4" circle punch.
  • Rub an ink pad over one of the pieces of acetate (I used Marina Mist).  Then put it face down on your glossy paper and rub with your fingers.
  • Rub another ink pad (used Blushing Bride) on the other piece of acetate and do the same thing.
  • Remove your mask and stamp your image (used Basic Gray).
Another card using Inspired by Nature and the sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers.  The butterfly is a Sizzix Embosslet.

This card was so simple, but I just love the look of it.  I stamped the French background onto the Plum (retired) cardstock and layered it on black.  I stamped the floral image from Elements of Style onto white cardstock.  I always think I have to color the image in, but I really like the simplicity of leaving it white.  The sentiment is again from Teeny Tiny Wishes using the Oval Punch.

This is another favorite of mine!  I stamped the flower images from Just Believe onto the Baja Blue cardstock in Baja Blue, Craft White and Pacific Point (that I first stamped off).  The little white pearls I colored blue with my Copic marker!!  How cool is that .... they match perfectly!

I'm still "batching" it.  Sonny & Jack went to Charleston today and took the ferry over to Ft. Sumter.  They called about 4:00 and said they had decided to drive over to Myrtle Beach since Jack had never been there.  I bet they ate some good seafood tonight!!

Ashley sent out an e-mail today to all her friends chronicle-ing her deployment so far.  The title was "2 weeks down .... 50 to go."  Not that she's counting or anything!  They have 2 docs there, a physician's assistant (with one more to join in October), a dentist, physical therapist, and social worker/mental health provider. Their basic job is to provide day-to-day primary medical care for a battalion of about 400 people.  They will be doing "sick call" for acute problems every morning from 8-10 (including weekends) and will see "routine" appointments in the afternoons.  One provider will be the "duty doctor" every day.  Anything they can't handle will get transferred to the base across the street   where the Combat Support Hospital is located.

No comments: