Sunday, September 26, 2010

Who woulda thought it?

3-0! 3-0! 3-0! Who would have thought this is where the Steelers would be after three weeks of football?  Well believe it friends, because the Steelers stayed undefeated by knocking down the previously undefeated Bucs 38-13.   The Steelers were doing so well that the Bucs fans started leaving around halftime. By the fourth quarter, the Tampa Bay Stadium might as well have been Heinz Field as Steelers fans vastly outnumbered Bucs fans at this point.  The Steelers are only one of two teams that are 3-0.  The Ravens are the only team standing in our way of going undefeated without Big Ben. They are 2-1 after coming off a close victory today against the Browns.  This means that if we want to keep the lead in the division, we must beat the Ravens next week in Pittsburgh. After that, it's the bye week when Ben is finally allowed to come back.

During the game, I actually got a message on my cell from Ashley!  She was listening to the game through her computer!  Modern technology - gotta love it!

I had some time yesterday to make a few things.  My brother-in-law flew in yesterday from Texas.  We were supposed to pick him up at the airport at 5:30 but his plane was delayed and it ended up being 7:15 before he got in.  So, that gave me the whole day to be creative!

I followed a tutorial on Splitcoast to make this card:

I cut the circle our with my Nestabilities and also cut the green polka dot frame out with the Nesties.  The tree is cut from the retired Sweet Pea DSP.  I tore the grass from Old Olive cardstock and a piece of green from the DSP.  The blue DSP is some really old SU paper that I found in my scraps.  The directions called for the blue paper to actually be on the inside back of the card but I needed to cover up my tape so changed it up a little.  The piece on the bottom is accordian folded so the card can stand up. 

I also made these cute luggage tags.  I picked up these little tags somewhere - I think CKC and used some vellum tags on them.  I love making these flowers!


I'm "batching" it for a couple of days.  Sonny and Jack (brother in law) left today after the game to do some fishing down at Cooper Santee (SC).  Hopefully, they'll come home with a bunch of fish!

No comments: