Thursday, June 3, 2010

Save the Ransom ... I'm still here!

Sorry about the lack of posting lately.  I'm still in Texas and have been super busy!  Today was about the first day that I did absolutely nothing and had planned on blogging and doing some catching up this a.m.  BUT we didn't have any power.  A big storm hit the area last night with winds at about 65 mph and Ashley's neighborhood looked like a disaster area this a.m.  We were having dinner when the storm hit and had to make a dash for the car in the storm (not easy with my 82 year old mom!).  As we were driving home, all the traffic lights were out and  we saw the police blocking off some areas because of flooding.  When we turned down Ashley's streets, we had to maneuver the car through all the tree limbs and debris that was in the street.  We lit candles in Ashley's house and visited for a couple of hours when we determined the power was not coming back and we might as well go to bed.  The power came back on about 3:30 a.m. but went off again about 8:00 a.m. until noon.  Luckily, it was not raining today so Mom and I sat outside where there was plenty of light for her to see and read.  It was too cool to go in the pool - the temp. only got to about 75 today which is remarkable for Texas in June!!  Here is a picture of Ashley's neighbor's house that I took this a.m.

Luckily, when Sonny was here, he cut down a lot of branches off Ashley's trees so the damage at her house was minimal.  The worst part was all the "gunk" floating in her pool today.  Her cleaner is working overtime!
We have been busy doing a lot of yard work as well as eating some great food - BBQ, Mexican, Italian.  And it is time for me to go eat now!  I will be posting wedding pictures tomorrow so check back by.

Here is a Monday Mailer card I received while I was here.  It is great!  I just love the bright colors.  Each of the letters was run through a Sixxiz Folder.  I will be CASE'ing this one for sure.

No comments: