Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Scream for Ice Cream

This past weekend I had a little extra time to play and make a few cards.  I used to do the Splitcoast challenges faithfully - especially the sketch and color challenges.  It's been a long time since I did any of their challenges.  In fact, they have a new challenge I didn't even know about!  It's called Free for All and I think they post new ones on Thursdays.  Anyway, last week you were supposed to make a card that was inspired by this little poem:

I like ice cream. Yes I do!
One scoop for me?
No! Make it two!
Hmmm two scoops of ice cream,
I want more
How about three?
No, make that four!
1, 2, 3, 4,
Splat! "oh no! It's on the floor!"

I decided to combine the Free For All challenge with the Sketch Challenge and came up with the following:


I used Pink Passion that I used my NEW embossing folder - it finally arrived from back order & I love it!!  The DSP is some that I had in my stash - not sure who it is by.  The stamp set is a retired hostess set from last year - Goody Goody Gumdrops.


That ice cream looks pretty refreshing after all the 90+ degree days we've been having (17 in a row so far).  Today was 98 and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90s too.  BUT ... a cool front is on it's way and the highs on Wednesday .... 76!!  And the rest of the week it is only going to be in the 80s.  So, we'll be able to go out on the boat.  We went out on Sunday but stayed in the water (which wasn't that cool) most of the time.

No comments: