Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pretty Flowers

I love flowers and I think my daughter has inherited that from me like I inherited it from my mom.  I just wish I had my mom's green thumb.  The lady can grow anything!  When we were visiting Ashley, she had a huge plant in her yard that was in a large pot.  But, the roots had grown through the bottom of the pot and into the ground.  I used a knife and tried to cut away the pot to give it more room.  We weren't too sure what the plant was but we thought it was a hibiscus.  Well, while she was away the past couple of weeks, it came into bloom and what a beautiful hibiscus it is! 

This gives you an idea of how large the flowers are!  Just wish I was there to see it in person.  Ashley wants to split it and move part of it since it is so big.  I don't know anything about that but if you do, please let us know.  I told her to go to a nursery and ask about it.

Speaking of flowers, I went to Ben Franklin's today (and had more time than last time!) and bought a Hero Arts Cling stamp.  So, I had to make a card when I got home.  What do you think?  Not as pretty as that hibiscus, but it'll do! 


The card is Kiwi Kiss.  The DSP is by My Mind's Eye / Wild Asparagus.  I used my SU Watercolors to color the flower in different colors of purple after embossing the flower in white.

No comments: