Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Baggie of Water plus a Monday Mailer

My re-organization is coming together!  I did the craziest thing though!  I have a wooden dowel that Sonny made for me that fits onto an old wrought iron paper towel holder and it holds some ribbon.  Well, I had pulled it about halfway out so I could get a roll of ribbon that was in the middle (isn't that always the case?)  when a fly landed on my arm.  I slapped at the fly and my hand came down snapping the dowel in two.  BUT ... I got the fly!!  Guess I'm going to have to put a baggie of water over my craft room door.  Don't laugh!  I'm one of those people who believe that a baggie of water over your outside door will keep the flies from entering your house.  I have hung those water baggies in our Texas house, our Washington house and my home here in NC and I don't have flies in my house (except the one yesterday - I do believe he came through the upstairs screen window!)  When I was at Ashley's house last month, I hung the water baggie over her back door.  She just rolled her eyes at me.  When I was first told about this, I did the eye rolling too, but I have come to be a believer.  The girl that told me about it said that when they went camping, they would hang the baggies in the trees around the perimeter of their campsite.  Don't know about that, but it works for me here at home.  I've always believed that it's something about their eyes reflecting in the water.  But you can decide for yourself and read this article HERE.

I tackled some shelves today in my organizing that I really didn't want to ... I was afraid of what I would find!  But now I have 2 baskets of finished goodies, a basket of kits I have bought & not even opened yet and another basket of kits I have started at various events but never finished.  So, that is what I will start working on - see how many I can get done!  My Newcomer's group is having a hand-made bazaar in the fall and letting those of us who make things sell our items at a coffee.  I hope to make a little Christmas money by selling a few things. 

Wednesday my stamp club is meeting and they want to make some fabric flowers.  I spent about an hour tonight cutting out some different sizes of flowers with the Big Shot.  I will give them a chance to cut their own if they want, but thought it would help move things along if I did some of the cutting.  I can't wait to see the flowers they make!  I'm also going to be teaching the Garden Club to make the flowers in August - we just have to find a location. 

Here is my Monday Mailer for this week.  I mailed it today to Tina.  Hope she likes it!
I used the Tropical DSP from the Summer Mini and the retiring Owl Together stamp.  I haven't used this stamp set enough!  But, it's one I will hang on to - I like owls.  I used my bow maker to tie the orange bow!  I think this qualifies for a masculine card.  What say you?

No comments: