Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Meander Book

What a crazy name for a book ... a meander book!  It gets it's name from the way the paper is cut and folded to make the pages.  Anyway, it is a fun little book to create.  And all you need is ONE sheet of Designer Paper, a couple of chipboard coasters and whatever scraps you want to use for embellishments.  I used some paper I had left over from a scrapbook kit by SEI that coordinated well so that is what I used.  This is a great little brag book for new mom's or grandmom's, for recipes, pictures, favorite quotes ... whatever you want.  I haven't decided yet what I will do with mine but I want to do another one now if was so fun!
This is the front of the book.  I made one of those crumpled up flowers using Sizzix Flower Layers die.  The leaves are from the Island Floral die in the Summer Mini Catalog.
This is my first page.  Each page has a tag tucked in it.


You can see the tags sticking out the side and top of the book. 

I got the directions for this little book on Splitcoast Stampers.  Beate wrote the tutorial and there is also a video tutorial.  Here is the link.  Check it out and make one for yourself!


No comments: