Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A New Grandbaby

No - not a new grandbaby for me - but for my good friend, Sharon.  I made a couple of baby cards last week that I want to share.  The recipients should have received them by now so it is safe to post them!  One of my friends from Texas became a grandmother last week ... for the 3rd time (lucky her!).  Her son and daughter in law had a little girl, Alexis, last Monday.  This makes 3 baby grand-girls for Sharon now.


This card uses an old favorite, Wild About You.  I hate that this set is retired.  I also used a piece of retired DSP.  I ran the pink strip through my brayer and rubbed some Regal Rose ink on it.  The sentiment is also from a retired hostess set.

This is a square card.  I don't usually make them since they require extra postage but figured once in a while is ok!  The "peas" stamp set is also retired and I think it was the first time I used it ...  Although I lent it to a friend a couple of years ago so she could make baby announcements.  I really like the simplicity of this card.  Here is the inside:

This is a great sentiment that I got a few years ago from Little Paper Shop. 

Grandchildren do make the world brighter.  When I was playing bridge this week, several of the ladies were talking excitedly about going to visit their grandkids or that the grandchildren had just been to their house visiting.  I am always so envious.  I have really been missing mine lately and thinking a lot about my grandson who will be turning 4 in August.   I have not seen him since he was 1 1/2 so I know he would not even know me.  Please pray that someday these issues will be resolved and they will once again be in my life.  No human being is perfect. We all make mistakes, yet it is so hard to admit that we are wrong.  A famous line from the book Love Story by Eric Segal states that "Love means never having to say you're sorry". This may sound romantic, but it is  really not a good line to live by. Apologies are necessary in every relationship.  Apologies are the building block of relationships. If a family has any hope of staying together, there will be frequent and sincere apologies.  For some, accepting those apologies and moving on is the hardest thing to do.   But we should try!!

No comments: