Monday, February 9, 2009

On A Roll

Sunday I was on a creative roll!  I've not felt too creative lately.  Seems I come upstairs to my craft room and just putter around and end up spending too much time on the computer - reading blogs, playing spades, etc!  But on Sunday, I got up and actually fixed breakfast and read the paper.  Afterwards, Sonny went to the garage to work on our map table that he is redoing and I came upstairs and made a few cards.  I actually should have been downstairs cleaning since my bridge ladies were coming on Monday.  Oh well, they were just here in January and saw a clean house that time!  Actually, we met my family in Mooresville for dinner (Yum - Mexican!) and I straightened up when I got home ... with Sonny's help vacuuming for me!  Ain't he sweet???  Think I'll keep him!

I made this card using the Sale-A-Bration stamp, Polka Dot Punches.  I just love this card!!  I stamped the flowers on Night of Navy, Bashful Blue and Pink Pirouette cardstock in white craft ink and heat embossed.  The middles are stamped on Certainly Celery and the leaves are actually the flower petals cut apart.  The patterned paper is Bashful Blue Patterns paper (p. 159).  The saying is a rub-on from Chit Chat.  The little pink flowers is actually a Sizzix die cut (page 198).

101_2028

This is the die cut Flower.

101_2029

This card was for a challenge on NMBS (No More Bad Swaps) group that I am a member.  We had to create a shaped card.  This is a Wordsworth Wild Card template.  The card base is Kraft cardstock with Manchester designer paper.  The little train and giraffe are from Great Impressions (from their Stamp of the Month for this month).  "Hugs & Kisses" is SU's All Holidays.  I used an exacto knife to cut away the triangle.

101_2031

Here is the card opened.  Isn't this perfect for a little boy???

101_2033

No comments: