Wednesday, February 25, 2009

American Idol Recap - 2nd Group

OK - just finished watching American Idol. I don't know .... the group last week were sooooo much better!!! I think the 3 who got voted through last week should be breathing a big sign of relief - they had NO competition from tonight's show.

  1. Jasmine Murray - Love Song - A little pitchy and I thought she garbled the words in the beginning. I found it hard to understand the words she was singing.
  2. Matt Giraud - a Coldplay song - This guy makes his living playing piano at one of those dueling piano places (like Howl At the Moon). He has potential but the song choice was bad.
  3. Jeanine Vailes - This Love - That girl pulled out all the stops with her wardrobe - she has some legs and the judges didn't miss them. I think she was over compensating for sure. She sang a Maroon 5 song and I really wanted to like her 'cause I love Maroon 5!
  4. Nick Mitchell/Norman Gentle (or whatever he's choosing to go by this week!) He sang "Living Without You" from Dreamgirls and he has a decent voice ... if he'd just forget all the theatrics. He is a true showman and perhaps should consider a career in Vegas!! His parents were in the audience and didn't even seem embaressed!
  5. Allison Iraheta - Alone (by Heart) Finally .... someone who can "bring it on!" As Randy says, she "blew it out of the box." She's just 16 and still in high school but she got my vote tonight.
  6. Kris Allen - Man in the Mirror - Kara (the new judge) was the only one who "dissed" him. I thought he was very good and he got my vote.
  7. Megan Joy Corkrey - Put Your Records On - She's a cute with a 2 year old little boy and an arm full of tattoos. She was ok. The judges were split on her with Paula loving her. Simon wants her to get voted through, but I don't know if she will.
  8. Matt Breitzke - If You Could Only See - This guy is a welder from Oklahoma who you wouldn't expect to be a singer. He surprises me every time! He's like a big teddy bear! Unfortunately, his performance was a little boring. I thought he chose the wrong song as did the judges.
  9. Jesse Langseth - Betty Davis Eyes - one of my favorite songs!! She's another single mom with an 8 year old daughter. I really liked her. I thought Simon was rude when he told her she was unforgettable. I voted for her.
  10. Kai Kalama - What Becomes of the Broken Hearted - another favorite song of mine. I was hoping he would rock it but it was just ok. The judges thought the song was too old fashioned, but I think that song stands the test of time. His hair is something else! Sonny said it looks like me when I get up in the morning!!
  11. Mishavonna Hensen - Drops of Jupiter - She was cut last year in the Hollywood round and is back again. The song was too old for her. She's just 18 and needs to act a little more "hip."
  12. Adam Lambert — Satisfaction by The Stones - Oh yeah. He said it’s his MOTHER’S favorite band - well, yeah, our generation! This guy has talent, but he's a bit uncomfortable to watch. Yes, thank you Simon! “There were some parts that were excruciatingly bad and parts that were brilliant.” That pretty much sums it up for me too. But I can’t see NOT voting him through. He’s definitely got potential. He got my vote, of course.

Both nights they've saved the best for last!

So, my prediction: Adam, Allison and Kris

What do you think????? Leave me a comment!!

No comments: