Sunday, February 15, 2009

Birthday card and challenge

I started out the day by having to get rid of most of my African Violets.  I was so sad!  I had about 8 violets and they always look so pretty - one plant I have been able to grow well.  A few weeks ago, I noticed one of them looking a little droopy and had some dirt on the leaves (or so I thought).  A few days ago, I discovered that most of them had this "dirt" on them.  It really looks like little specks of brown dirt.  I researched it but never came up with what it might be.  So, I am figuring it is some type of pest - aphids or something that has spread from one plant to the next.  I had a couple of plants who looked like they were O.K.  So, I tossed the other plants in the garbage.  I took all the pots and soaked them in bleach water.  I repotted and divided the plants I am hoping are ok, so we will see.  Tomorrow I am going to go out and get some spray for them to make sure I get it all.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  Perhaps, you have some suggestions????

Sonny rode down to the beach with my brother in law to pick up some furniture, so I had a good old lazy day!!  I slept in; ate my leftover BBQ about 2 pm and had scrambled eggs for dinner!!

I made this card for a challenge posted on the NMBS Blog.  The challenge was to use paper piercing in a way that you may not have before.  Here's what I did - I paper pierced the designer paper and around the cupcakes.  I've enlarged the area so maybe you can click on it and see it better.  You, too, can enter this challenge - go to the NMBS blog and see how.  Let me know if you make a card for the challenge & I will post it on my blog (if you e-mail it to me).

101_2047

This card is for a friend of mine .... who used to be a friend of my son's until he got married.  Funny how that happens, huh?  Anyway, her birthday is Feb. 22nd and I always send her a card.   101_2045

Recipe:
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes & All Year Cheer I (retired)
Paper: Cameo Coral; Orchid Opulence, Whisper White; Rose Red; Raspberry Tart DSP
Ink: Copic Markers; Black & Rose Red stamp pads
Access:  New SU Scallop Punch, Corner Rounder, Ticket Punch, Dimensional Adhesive, Paper Piercing Tool & Mat Set

Happy President's Day!!

No comments: