Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Busy Week

It's been a busy few days.  Our friends from Texas, Margaret and Graham, were here for a few days to visit us before heading over to their daughter's home to babysit.  After we picked them up at the airport on Wednesday, Margaret and I convinced the guys to drop us off at a stamp store in Charlotte for a little bit!!  We spent about half an hour just browsing.  Surprisingly, the only thing I bought was a "C" plate for my Cuttlebug which I gave to my daughter last month.  My C plate broke in half and I have been unable to find one to buy anywhere.  Then we headed to Davidson to the Brick House to have dinner, drinks and conversation.  The restaurant was really crowded with Davidson and Clemson fans waiting for the basketball to start. 

Thursday, the guys volunteered for the Red Cross while Margaret and I played in my stamp room.  We had a ball visiting and crafting.  On Friday, we went to Churchill Assisted Living in Mooresville and helped the residents make calendars.  It was so rewarding.  My neighbor, Marilyn's mother is there and she asked me if I would do this for the residents.  My sister, Marianne and friend, Judy came along too to help.  In fact, Judy and I split up the kit making - with Judy making 15 and me making 15 so it wasn't too bad.  We had a really good turn-out after coaxing a few of them to join us and the ladies (and a few gentlemen) were quite pleased with their calendars.  I think we will probably do something similar again next month for Easter.

We took them to Charlotte on Saturday to meet their daughter.  Our visit always ends too soon and there's always a lot of projects we want to do that never get done.  Margaret tells me every visit that she will come back for a week on her own next time but that never happens!!  (Her husband retired as a pilot from American Airlines so it's not a problem to get on a plane and fly here.)  Oh well, we just make the best of the time we get when she is here usually.

Judy, Marianne, Margaret and me at Churchill -

101_2060

Some of the residents working on their calendars.

101_2058

Marilyn (in middle) helping two of the ladies make calendars.

101_2057

No comments: