Thursday, July 3, 2008

Walking the streets of DC

Just a quick post before we head out this a.m. I am in our nation's capital - Washington DC having a wonderful time. We arrived about dinner time on Tuesday and have been going non-stop since we arrived. We had dinner at Stomboli's - yummy! and then headed to an Irish pub for a game of trivia. We were respectable at least - came in 4th I believe, thanks to Ashley's knowledge of random stuff! Wednesday we took a tour of DC. We have friends with us who have never been here (and are originally from England) so it was fun to show them the sights. We did a LOT of walking and our feet were tired last night. We met Ashley at the National Cathedral and headed to Georgetown for more walking and a visit to a few historic pubs and .... pubs!! In order to get to one of them on the edge of Georgetown Univ. campus, we went straight up a set of 75 steps! Thought I was going to need help at the end of that. We found a better route down though. That bed sure felt good last night - even my husband's who is sleeping on an air mattress on the floor!!

Today we are headed to the Spy Museum this morning. Then a quick lunch before we walk over to the Holocaust Museum. Sonny & I have been to the Spy Museum and really enjoyed it, but have never experienced the Holocaust Museum.

In the meantime, have a wonderful day and I will try to post again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon, I know you must be SORE today from climbing those 75 stairs. I do hope you are able to walk today. Enjoy your fun in our Capitol. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon! I should have checked your blog earlier -- we live only an hour or so from D.C. I hope you enjoyed your visit!! At least it wasn't so hot this past weekend. Love your blog! Thanks for posting on mine & sharing your ideas!!!