Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Iris Folding

I had fun doing Iris Folding! I haven't done it in a long time and my sister has gotten interested in learning it since it is like quilting for her. I knew I had some Iris Folding supplies somewhere filed away. So, I spent a lot of time looking for a book I knew I had .... somewhere in my room .... about iris folding and it has patterns and papers. Finally, I found it so thought I'd put it to good use. The first time I did iris folding was many years ago and I thought you were supposed to lay your strips of papers on the pattern. I didn't realize you were supposed to cut an open pattern & lay the numbered pattern in the opening so you could see your work! Maybe that was why I haven't done iris folding in a long time!! I found a great website today though if anyone is interested with patterns. Here are my cards. The "2" I used primary colors since it is for a child. I am going to use that one for my grandson's birthday card - he will be 2 in August.

No comments: