Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So little time .... so much to do!!

Busy, busy, busy!!! My sisters and I are giving my mom a surprise 80th birthday party on Saturday. She thinks she is coming to my house Saturday evening for a cook out and has invited a few of her friends. In reality, we are having a surprise party in the afternoon for 60+ friends at her clubhouse! Hope we can pull it off! Her actual birthday is Friday and we are taking her out to dinner Friday night for a surprise .... trying to throw her off the track in case she suspects anything. I have made some paper flowers and am going to put them in vases on the tables. I started out stamping them with the Pick a Petal stamp set, but after a few, decided to just use my Oval Punch & punch out patterned paper!! Much easier!

This morning I had time to make a quick card for a good friend's grandson whose birthday is Friday. I'm so excited - I was finally able to use my new Sock Monkey stamp set. This stamp set will be in the new catty (available Aug. 11) and is so cute. It works great for paper piecing which is my favorite thing to do lately.

1 comment:

Tammy Q Howell said...

I love this! I would love to case it if that is ok. Your cards are so great! Love looking at your blog and seeing all the great cards. Can't wait to get the faux metal card! LOL I saw it a little early, but I wanted to see the Faux Leather card Beth made you.