Sunday, July 20, 2008

Playing with my new toys!

Well, I just don't know where to start with all my new toys. Not only did I receive my new SU stamps, in color inks and paper, but I also got some new clear stamps. They were on sale at Little Paper Shop and what gal can resist a sale???? They have some really nice stamps at a reasonable price (I got all 3 for $25 and that included shipping.) One set has a older woman with a martini in hand and several comical sayings (like, You're still hot .... It just comes in flashes now!) Another set are sympathy quotes. I never seem to have any of those when I need them. And the third set is about grandparents and grandchildren (There's only one perfect grandchild and every grandparent has it.) Let's hope I can use these in the future.


Here's a quick picture of some of my new Stampin' Up things.


I made a card today for my Monday Mailer. I made a Spring Card. The card folds flat and is 5 1/4 " square. When taken out of the envelope, it will "spring" up. You can find directions for this card on Splitcoast HERE. It was fun to make. I used the new set I bought from another SU demonstrator, Older and Wiser. We are supposed to use Bold Brights this month so I used Turquoise, Pixie Pink and Green Galore. I put Crystal Effects on the turquise spots on his back and sponged the bottom to look like grass. It's bright but I really like it. The paper I used is from Bali Breeze which will probably not be in our new catalog in August.

No comments: