Thursday, July 10, 2008

These Boots Are Made for Walking and other Boot info

When Judy came over yesterday, she brought me some really cute 12x12 western paper and a package of western style stickers by Jolene. So, after cleaning up my stamp room yesterday (surprised my hubbie too!! I even vacuumed!!), I proceeded to create a card with my new goodies. I really love the way it turned out. I used SU's Vanilla Cardstock with the boots paper layered over it. I stamped the cowgirl (from My Favorite Things) in brown ink and colored with my blender pens. The skirt is Ruby Red and the boots are in Thyme (last year's In Colors). Then I layered it with Thyme; More Mustard and another piece of 12x12 paper (in dark mustard-y color). The rope and horseshoe are from the Jolene's sticker pack. I stamped the saying on a strip of the mustard-y colored paper and raised it up with dimensionals.


One of the pieces of paper had all kinds of stuff I didn't know about BOOTS!! And I lived in Texas for 20+ years! Did you know .....

A boot set atop a fencepost is a sign that someone is at home.

It is bad luck to step into your left boot first.

Drop an old boot outside the front door as you leave on a journey and you won't have any bad luck on the trip.

If you wear your boots out on the toe, you'll spend your money as you go.

Never wear a pair of old boots or you will walk in the former owner's troubles.

New boots that have never been worn should be placed high above the floor for good luck.

No comments: