Thursday, June 10, 2010

Designer Paper from MDS

I'm still not feeling my best but at least I didn't have the vertigo today.  I attended a Southern Living Luncheon today.  Each one of us make a dish out of a current Southern Living magazine and share.  After the meal, we critiqued the recipe - not the cook!  I chose a Two Cheese Summer Squash Casserole and it was delicious!  You can get the recipe HERE.  We started out the luncheon with two appetizers - Shrimp & Bacon Deviled Eggs and Stuffed Mushrooms w/pecans (both in April's mag.).  The salads were:  Greek Caesar Salad (April) and Picnic Potato Salad (May).  The entree was Lemon Chicken (June) with my squash and Oregano Green Beans (April) plus Herb Spoon Rolls (June).  For dessert we had Pecan-Peach Cobbler (June).  The hostess also served us Kentucky Mimosas .... yummy (March mag.)  Everything was delicious.  I don't like mushrooms but I was polite and tried one.  The only thing I didn't care for was the green beans - the flavor was good but the beans were tough.  It is a great way to try dishes you wouldn't ordinarily make. 

When I came home, I played around a bit in my craft room with My Digital Studio.  I was so pleased with the results!  I printed out some Designer Paper that is a recent download and I love it!  I was able to print out 4 to a page.  Here are the pages I did and a few of the cards I made with the DSP.  It is such pretty paper that you don't have to add anything to the card other than a sentiment.






 
 

No comments: