Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Vivid Vases

Well, we are still waiting for the BIG storm!!  We got nothing today where I live.  I think Charlotte got an inch or two which was mostly melted by late afternoon.  But our big storm (named PAX) is supposed to hit tomorrow. (When did they start naming winter storms???)  The prediction is for heavy accumulation of snow, sleet and freezing rain Wednesday.  By heavy, the prediction is for 8-12 inches.  I can't imagine us having that much but guess that is why they are calling it "the storm of the century."  Seeing will be believing!!  Charlotte even had a press conference today about the storm!!  The predicted storm has already messed up my plans.  First thing this morning I got a call from my dentist to reschedule Wednesday's cleaning.  Shortly after that call, I got the call from my opthamologist canceling my cataract surgery that was scheduled for Thursday.  I've been rescheduled for next Tuesday which was actually my stamp club day but I am going to reschedule them in order to get this surgery done!  I guess I will be doing some stamping the next couple of days.

I love the single stamp in the Occasions catalog, Vivid Vases. It's a sweet little stamp ideal for quick and pretty cards. Here are two cards I made using the stamp.


 For this one, I used the watercolor "blob" stamp from Hello Watercolor stamp set (one of my favorites from the Occasions catty) in Strawberry Slush for the background. You could also achieve a similar look by using the clear blocks.  I used different stamps on the vases, cut them out and glued them on - popping a few of them up with dimensionals and leaving a few of them flat.  I added a couple of pearls for accent.



On this card, I paper pieced the vases by stamping them onto DSP, cutting them out and adhering them to the vases I had stamped onto the white card stock.  I used the Naturals Ribbon on the side although I think I would like to try and die that ribbon lightly.  I dry embossed a few dashes down the side of the Wisteria Wonder card.

No comments: