Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Watercoloring

I've been playing around with the Happy Watercolor set from the Occasions catalog.  It is such a great set.  There is also Designer Series Paper that is gorgeous.  I have not used any of it yet - just drooled over the papers!  You can create a beautiful card with this set that looks like you have watercolored it.  This is such an easy, yet elegant card that you can put together in 5-10 minutes.



Products used:
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Crushed Curry, Momento Black Ink
Stamp:  Happy Watercolor


Following along the same layout, I created another watercolor card.  Using the watercolor "blob" stamp makes it easy to look like you have brushed paint on watercolor paper.  For this card I used different colors but the kept the card the same (Pistachio Pudding).  I also used a couple of floral stamp sets - Secret Garden stamp and framelits and Petal Parade stamp and punch.  I embossed the flowers in white and popped them up with dimensionals.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Cantelope
Ink:  Pool Party, Cantelope, Pistachio Pudding, Versanark
Stamp:  Happy Watercolor, Secret Garden, Petal parade

A winter storm watch is in effect for my area this week.  It is supposed to start snowing tomorrow with not much accumulation but another front will be coming in tomorrow night and Charlotte is predicted to have about 3" by Wednesday.  I know, I know - 3" doesn't sound like much but believe me, it can cripple this area!  I am supposed to take my sister and my mom to the doctor tomorrow.  We are just going to "wait and see"!!  Wednesday I am supposed to go to the dentist and Thursday is my cataract surgery so not a good time for this winter storm!!

No comments: