Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Just a Quick Note

Just a quick note to let you know I had my cataract surgery today.  It went great.  I was in and out of surgery in about 15 minutes.  I think I was #15 for him today and there were 3-4 after me!  After the surgery, Sonny and I grabbed some lunch before heading over to the doctor's office for him to check my eye.  I looked real cute with the clear plastic eye shield on!!  They took the  eye shield off.  I'm to wear it just at night for a week so I don't rub or scratch my eye.  It's really strange to be watching tv or reading with no glasses on!  I am still pretty blurry and my eye is scratchy but I am sure it will get better every day.  The worst part is, as one of my readers commented yesterday, the "regime of eye drops" I have to put in every day.  I have 3 little bottles of drops that I have to put in my eye 4 times a day.  And I can't put them in all at one time.  I have to wait 5 minutes between each one.  I go back to the doctor next week and I will talk to him then about doing my other eye!  Seems dumb to have to get new glasses now and then have the second eye done down the road and have to pay for another set of glasses .... if I even need them then.  I'm hoping for just needing "readers."

Well - time to go put my eye shield on and lay my head down on my pillow!

Good night!

No comments: