Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Take Ten Magazine - Spring 2014

I had a nice surprise last week.  Sonny brought in the mail and gave me a package that I was not expecting.  When I opened it up, it was the Spring 2014 issue of Take Ten magazine.  No, I don't subscribe to this magazine.  But in the past, I have sent cards to the magazine in hopes of having them published in the book.  I have not submitted any cards to them in a couple of years at least.  So I was quite surprised to receive this letter from them with the magazine.


Guess they hold on to submissions for a long time!

Cover of the magazine
 I was especially surprised to find out that not only had they published one of my cards, but THREE cards taking up all of page 66 in their monthly "Variation on a Theme."  The challenge is to create a set of cards that share a theme- color, layout, stamp set, etc. while using a different stamped image on each card.


 The stamp set that I used is a retired Stampin' Up set - Awash With Flowers.  It is a beautiful two-step stamp set.

So, that is my claim to fame for today!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! I love looking at these magazines and once in awhile buy one. I see by the cover there is kraft ones - I might have to seek this issue out! Then, I can check yours out first hand also. This was a wonderful surprise for you. I had no idea they held on to submissions that long. Maybe some day I will gather up enough courage and submit something some place! Congrats!

Chris R. from Iowa

Unknown said...

Congrats, Sharon! I've just started submitting to Take Ten - hope to get published some day! Beautiful and simple cards - thanks for sharing! Cheryl O. :) (CLOcards)