Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lovely As A Tree in the Snow!

I got up this morning looking for a yard full of snow BUT .... none!  All morning all that was on TV was weather reports about the big storm that we were supposed to get.  The governor gave a press conference this morning and had the National Guard, Dept. of Transportation, and I don't remember who else but it was crazy!!  Charlotte started getting the snow around 9 or 10:00.  I was still looking for it.  Finally around 1:00 pm it started and it snowed for hours.  Actually it is still coming down as I am writing this (10:30 pm) with sleet mixed in.  I'm going to try and talk Sonny in taking a walk with me tomorrow.  He wouldn't today - said it was too cold!!  It is really beautiful.  The last time I measured it was 4"  It is supposed to snow/sleet all night tapering off tomorrow afternoon.

Snow after about an hour

My footsteps down the driveway checking for mail at 4:30 - no delivery! 

Still coming down (4:30 pm)

4" at 4 pm after 3 hours of snow
So what is a gal to do when she is snowed in?  Make a few cards and that is just what I did.  I had fun playing with some of my stamps and dies from Saleabration and the Occasions catalog that I had not had time to play with yet.  I'll be sharing those with you in the next few days.

But first I pulled out "old faithful," Lovely As A Tree.  This is such a great stamp set.  It has been around since I started with SU 9 years ago and Shelli told us at convention last summer that it would probably never retire!  I have a real good friend that is going through some major health issues and is having to do chemo this week.  I made this card for her.


I taped off the middle area and sponged Soft Sky at the top, Old Olive in the middle and Always Artichoke at the bottom.  Next I stamped the trees in Old Olive and Always Artichoke.  Finally I stamped the trees in Memento Black.  The card is matted with Always Artichoke and finally matted onto River Rock card stock.

No comments: