Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sketch Challenge and stuff!

Today is Wednesday .... I think!  So, it is time for the Stamping Queens Sketch Challenge.  I took time on Sunday while we were watching football to log onto My Digital Studio and create a card for the sketch.  It's a fun birthday card.  Which reminds me .... my baby brother turns 50 (!!) next week and I need to make a card for him.  Ok - back to the subject .... Stamping Queens Sketch.  Check out the other Queens take on the sketch this week HERE and to see the sketch this week.



Isn't it funny how when you're on vacation, you just lose all track of the days and the time!  Ashley has been working half days this week (she was off last Friday and Monday) and I have been taking her to work so we could have her car.  Yesterday, she told me she would probably work until 1 or 2:00.  When I came back after dropping her off, I got back in bed for about 30 minutes.  Then I got up and ate breakfast and got on the computer - how I can waste time!  When she called me to pick her up, I said "I thought you were working late today" to which she replied, Mom, it's 1:00!  I had not even gotten dressed!!  How time flies when you're doing nothing!!!  When we picked her up, we went inside the hospital to see her office.  Sonny had never even been on the base before and neither of us had been in the hospital.  It is really nice.  A new portion was added on while she was deployed and that is where her office and the pediatric clinic is.  Then we went over to the PX and to a Medical Museum on base. 

I have not made any cards or done any of my calendars while I have been here.  We have been on the go since we got here.  The day after we arrived, our good friends, Don and Sharon, who live in Dallas arrived.  One of Sharon's best friends and a college roommate lost her battle with cancer and they were in town for the funeral.  So, we met them at their hotel and had dinner and drinks.  It was great to see then even under the circumstances. 


I hope your holidays are continuing to be merry and you are getting ready to welcome 2012!!

1 comment:

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great design! So fun and lively. TFS.