Sunday, December 4, 2011

Magic Birthday Card

I made this card last week for a friend's birthday.  I don't know what the technique is called and I can't find the website that I got the directions!!

This is the front of the card.  I used Creative Elements stamp set (one of my favorites!!).  The colors I used are Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose.  So you can see the flower through the circle when the card is closed.

Here is the card open - now you see "Birthday Greetings" through the hole.  It's magic!!

Here is what it looks like as you are opening the card.  The "birthday greetings" slides into place over the flower!

You make two folded cards and adhere them together.  The dimensions of the two are:  5 1/2" x 11" (scored at 3 1/2" and 7") and #2 is 6 1/8" x 5 1/2" (scored at 4 1/4".)  If I can find the video that I watched to make it, I'll post it later.  I first saw the card on Splitcoast and followed a link.  I thought it was on Dawn's blog but I can't find it now!

EDITED TO ADD:   (I FOUND THE LINK!! - Check  HERE)

I really liked how the card turned out and I hope Brenda does too.

Today was a good day for football!  My Steelers and the Panthers both won today.  Marianne joined us at Big Al's to watch the game.  It was pretty much a blow out - Steelers beat the Cincinnati Bengals 35-7!  Ashley was pretty bummed out today.  She is taking a two week Army career course and thought they would be done by noon so she could get home and watch the game.  Several of her friends were coming over who are in town taking the course also.  She had already told them that her big TV would be on the Steeler game but that she had a couple of other tv's in the bedrooms they were welcome to watch other games on.  Well, she called me about 11 am and was still in class and it looked like she was going to be there until 3:00.  She has Direct TV and I was able to go on the internet and log into her account and set the Record button for her!  Isn't modern technology great??!!!  Well, when she got home to watch the game, she was able to watch it until the middle of the 3rd quarter. The score was such a blow out that the station changed the game to another one!!  Glad that didn't happen at our house - afraid Sonny would throw a brick through the tv.  On second thought, maybe that would be a good thing since I have been bugging him for a while to get a new tv!!  Hmmmm ....

No comments: