Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving pictures

Thought I'd share some of the pictures I took last week.  I didn't take as many as I wanted to - seems I kept forgetting to take my camera with me when we went out!!

Taken Thanksgiving Day on my deck of us gals!  Ashley, me, Sharon (Girlfriend), Angela, Marianne and Mom.

My dining room table all set and waiting for the hungry family!

We finished painting the dining room and it looks great!!  This is one side of my family pictures.

This is the other side of the room.  I have old pictures of my family hung on both sides. 

Harrison and Derek - Marianne's boys on Thanksgiving.

Mom and Ashley taken at the Waffle House Tuesday morning before she headed to airport.

Ashley and Angela (who hates having her picture taken!)
Last Saturday night Sonny, Ashley and I took a Haunted tour of downtown Charlotte.  It was great fun!  I had bought the tickets several months ago on Groupon to use when Ashley came to visit.  We learned a lot of history about Charlotte that I didn't know.  Whether you believe in ghosts or not, it was very informative.  So, if you live in this area, I would highly recommend Carolina History and Haunts tours.

On Monday, we drove to Kannapolis to the North Carolina Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Everyone I have mentioned this to has said, I didn't know there was such a place.  I had read about it a couple of years ago in the Charlotte newspaper and kept the clipping for "some day."  It was free which is always a good thing but it is very well done.  I was surprised by the number of artists which have roots in North Carolina.  Museum exhibits include Charlie Daniels, Nina Simone, Chairman of the Board, Clyde McPhatter, Donna Fargo, Thelonius Monk, and Victoria Livengood.  Another good place to visit and take your guests to.

No comments: