Friday, December 9, 2011

Penguin Babies

While Ashley was visiting over Thanksgiving, a good friend of hers from DC had twins!  They were very early - not due until March and weighed about a pound each.  But they are doing ok I believe.  So she made a cute baby card to send.  The babies room theme is penguins.  I didn't think I had any penguin stamps but then we found this cute penguin in a retired SU Christmas set, Cold & Cuddly.  I thought the card turned out really cute!!

So, you need to look at your stamps and use them for all occasions .... you never know!!

I have super busy as I imagine everyone is at this time of the year.  Every year, I tell myself to start doing things earlier so I won't get so behind, but do you think I listen to myself????  Nooooo!  I had one free day this week.  I had 3 parties to go to during the day that I had to take food - bridge, mahjong and Newcomers.  And tonight is our couples Newcomers Christmas party.  Luckily, it is one where they will serve me!  That is a real party to me!  We are having it at Queens Landing (but not on the boat).  I do have today free (unless I've forgotten to go somewhere!) so I plan to making use of the time and finishing my Christmas cards and work on some of my projects.  Because next week is just as bad - I think I have one free day next week too.  So, if I don't blog too much, you will know why!!

Last night we had to go to Big Als in Mooresville to watch the Steeler game.  They were on the NFL network and we don't get that channel at home.  They were playing the Cleveland Browns in what should have been an easy game.  Well, don't count your chickens before they hatch!  It was a nail biter.  In one play during the second quarter, Cleveland fumbled the ball, we picked it up and got to the 5 yard line with it when we fumbled.  Cleveland recovered and a few seconds later, we intercepted their pass!  Right before the half, Ben (quarterback) got injured and was taken away to the locker room.  That is never a good sign.  He had a high ankle sprain but he thought at first his leg was broken.  There is no doubt - he is one tough guy.  He ended up coming back the second half with his leg taped.  He didn't have any mobility but he was determined to finish what he had started.  And he did!  They won 14-3!

Tomorrow Marianne and I are driving to Blowing Rock to do some shopping.  Hope to see some snow but not get stuck in it!!

No comments: