Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Christmas Eve

I'm in San Antonio now enjoying the holidays with Ashley.  We have been on the go ever since we got here Tuesday night.  Our first stop after dropping our luggage off was a Mexican restaurant .... of course!   On Wednesday, Ashley and I got our hair cut and then did a little shopping.  Some of our best friends from Dallas were in town for a funeral so we met them at their hotel for dinner.  It was great to see then - just too bad about the circumstances.  Ashley had to work on Thursday so I took her in and then went out to buy her Christmas presents.  I waited until I got here to buy her stuff so I wouldn't have to bring everything down in my suitcase.  Thursday was her birthday so we took her out for dinner when she got off work.  She was off Friday and will be off on Monday too.  On Friday, we took turns shopping - Sonny went with her in the morning so she could help him get things for me and she and I went out after lunch.  The traffic was horrendous at all the stores but what should you expect????

I think I already mentioned that we had the family Christmas before we left.  Marianne made us all the cutest thing!  It's a Redneck Wine Glass!


Aren't they cute?  The bottom is a candle holder and she hot glued the Mason Jars to them!  She made them for the whole family.

Today has been spent watching football and doing a little baking for tomorrow.  A friend of Ashley's who is in the Air Force came over for the day.  I was making the egg casserole for tomorrow and couldn't find the eggs!  We had gone to the grocery store yesterday and I know we had bought them and that they were in the car .... somewhere!!  Ashley and I looked everywhere.   For some reason, I decided to check the closet in the bedroom because I had brought some packages in along with the groceries that I was hiding in the closet.  Well, guess where the eggs were!!  Doesn't everyone store their eggs on the floor of their bedroom closet????  Crazy, huh??

We'll be going to church later tonight and then awaiting the arrival of Santa Claus!!  I hope you have a safe and wonderful Christmas.


No comments: