Saturday, February 12, 2011

Monday Mailers for February

Last week started a new month of Monday Mailers.  My partner this month is Beth - I am sending to her and she is sending to me.  Beth is a very talented stamper as well as a busy mom and teacher.  But, she got my card to me in record time!  I received it last Monday or Tuesday!  Unfortunately, I was not so swift this time.  With being out of town, I did not get her card made and mailed until Wednesday.  But it is one of my favorite cards that I have ever made.

 I used my SU butterfly punch to make the pansy flowers.  I punched Shimmery White cardstock (2 per flower).  With my Pretty in Pink marker I colored the edges of the butterflies and used So Saffron for the centers.  Then I sprayed them really good with water and crumpled them all up.  Then flatten them out and let them dry.  Glue the two together and put a little Chunky Glitter in the center.  I used the 5-Flower Punch for the leaves (Certainly Celery).  I used the Tulip Die on the white card.  And the finishing touch is the wide grosgrain ribbon in Celery and Pink!  Really spring like, don't you think?

I just love all the different elements in this vintage looking card!

No comments: