Monday, February 7, 2011

Congrats to Green Bay

Well, we are back home - disappointed but such is life - can't win 'em all!  As I've said before, I was really surprised when the Steelers made it to the Super Bowl.  With the injuries we've had this year and our quarterback not being able to play the first four games, we were not supposed to even make the play-offs.  I had hope until the very end.  Who would have guessed that with less than 2 minutes left, Ben would throw an incomplete pass at 4th down with only 5 yards to go!   

I've been a Steeler fan too many years to let one loss turn me away.  I'll be watching them play next year (hopefully, if the strike doesn't take place) and biting my fingernails at the very end while I'm waving my Terrible Towel.  I'll watch Big Ben, Troy Polamalu and Hines Ward work their magic on the football field.   And, I'll be going back to Pittsburgh (if I can't get Super Bowl tickets) to watch another Super Bowl with a room full of screaming, towel waving "Stiller" fans!!

Congratulations to Green Bay and their fans.

Here are some pictures I took while in Pittsburgh:

This is the Giant Eagle grocery store decorated for Super Bowl!

 Marianne enjoying a delicious Danny's hoagie!
 Ready for the big GAME!

This is our table.  We had a special place set for Ashley!  We bought the Army material and the Steeler bear to represent Ashley since she couldn't go with us.  We had quite a few people come up and ask us about it.  We even had a young girl who was standing right in front of us who came over and talked to us a while and told us her brother had been with the 101st Airborne in Iraq and didn't come home two years ago.  When the Star Spangled Banner was sang, she and I were both crying. 
 Sonny with his Terrible Towel - ready to wave!

 Marianne and I with our face tattoos

Here we are ... 3 Steeler fans in the midst of hundreds!!

No comments: