Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Heat Embossing on Dry Embossing

Yesterday, I did some challenge cards.  I used to do challenges faithfully on Splitcoast  - mostly color and sketch challenges.  But on Monday's the challenge is "Try a new Technique" so I did.  This technique is called Heat Embossing on Dry Embossing.  Here are the steps:
  • Dry emboss your cardstock with an embossing folder.
  • Run an embossing buddy over the dry embossed cardstock before applying the ink.
  • Ink up your brayer with Versamark and run it across the raised area of the dry embossed cardstock using a real soft touch...you only want the ink on the raised part.
  • Apply the embossing powder, shake off the excess, remove stray embossing powder with a small brush, and emboss with a heat tool.

 For this one, I stamped on the Whisper White cardstock with my new Cover A Card stamp called Criss Cross in blue ink and did the embossing on top of that.  Then I embossed with white embossing powder.  The yellow centers are made with a yellow Pearl Pen.  How do you like that bow?  Made with my bow maker!!

close up of embossed flowers (used Elegant Bouquet folder)

This card I made for my sister, Angela's, birthday which was today.  We took her out to dinner at Chilli's tonight to celebrate.  I can remember when she was born and what a cute little kid she was with her curly hair.  We are 10 1/2 years apart!

The embossing folder is a Cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder.  The cupcake die is from Sizzix and the saying is from a retired SU set called Goody Goody.

No comments: