Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A productive day!

We went to Davidson last night to hear the Charlie Daniels Band play at the Brickhouse Tavern.  Friends called us in the afternoon to see if we would be interested in going.  Sonny & I both enjoy Charlie Daniels' songs - Sonny even has his "Greatest Hits" on his Ipod playlist - so of course, we said YES!  I had planned on playing Bunco in my neighborhood, but Charlie Daniels Band definately won out.  What is funny is that our friends had never heard of Charlie Daniels!  I couldn't believe it, but guess when you live in New York, you don't listen to much country music!  Those Yankees don't know what they are missing. 

Today I had a very productive day and finally got a few card sets made.  I had made the card box a month ago and it has been sitting on my desk begging to be filled with cards!  It seems like I have just been spinning my wheels the past few days without getting anything accomplished.   So I am quite proud of my progress today.

This first set uses the stamp set, Word Play, which is a very versatile Greetings stamp set.

Card Box
How do you like that bow?  I made it with the Bow Maker that  "girlfriend" sent me!  Easy peasy!
This card uses a lot of retired stuff!  The DSP, the Crushed Curry cardstock (still available in Clearance items!) and the My Way punch.

More retired paper - DSP & Dusty Durango.

 This one is way out of my comfort zone - using 3 different DSP pieces but I like it.
 More retired paper.

This card set uses Awash With Flowers!  I just love this stamp set.  It is a two-step stamp which is what attracted me to Stampin' Up in the beginning.  Again, I am using retired Cameo Coral cardstock in the cards.

These are card sets that I will have for sale in the November craft fair.

No comments: