Monday, October 4, 2010

Look On the Bright Side

Found this recently in a forwarded e-mail .... I'm trying to follow this!

For every negative that consumes your happiness,
Affirm two positives that sustain you.
For every "should’ve" you wish you’d done,
Acknowledge something you’re glad you did.
For every loss that has altered your world,
Count from it something you have gained.
For every limit that has ever beset you,
Consider your possibilities.
You can’t always change the way things are,
But you can change the way you wish to see them.
Never stop looking

Here is the last Monday Mailer I received last week.  I really like the size of the card she made!  You can mail it in a business envelope.


My face painting experience turned out pretty good.  I wasn't too sure to begin with though.  My first customer of the day, a little girl about 8 or 9, wanted a butterfly.  So, I painted a butterfly on her cheek.  She looked in the mirror and didn't like it (it wasn't exactly like the one in the picture she had seen), so I offered to do a flower on the other cheek.  When I finished that pretty flower, again she looked in the mirror and pouted.  Her mom told her to say thank you and get up - she started crying and pitching a fit!  It took her mom a little bit to drag her up out of the chair and leave!  What a brat!  It got much better after that though.  My most popular request was a dog face!   After I did one, a lot of the little boys wanted one.  I made black circles around both eyes - coloring one in all the way and colored black spots all over the face.  Then I blacked the tip of the nose and made a red tongue from the bottom lip to the chin! 

After the festival was over, I still had time to made it to the Open House at the stamp store in town.  It was nice to see a lot of my "Alley" friends there who I hadn't seen in a while.  A couple of them have been real pals and have sent Ashley cards while she has been deployed.  I did a great make-and-take with Karen and watched a good demo about making your own background papers.  I bought the small Scor Pal (for cards).  It was the last one in the store so I was pretty lucky.  Plus, I had a full punch card and got $15 off my purchase!  I'll be keeping this on my desk all the time.  It even comes with a zippered bag!
 
 
Saturday night, we met Marianne and family in downtown Mooresville for a benefit concert.  Harrison & Derek's ex soccer coach plays in the band, Cold Bait & Live Beer.  They were very good.  The venue was rather strange - in the parking lot of Ted's Famous Chicken but it was a benefit to raise money for Kellie Dayton who is the daughter of Ted's Chicken.  She is battling melanoma cancer.
 
Sunday was football watching at Big Al's.  When we got there, the place was packed so we didn't get our usual "lucky" table!  We finally scored a few seats at the bar to watch the game.  It was a nail biter (aren't they all though?) and we ended up losing in the last 32 seconds!  Guess we were due but I was hoping for 4-0 when Ben returned.  We have a bye week this weekend, then Big Ben will return Oct. 17.  Sonny keeps hinting that he'll look for tickets for that game and we would make a road trip to Pittsburgh.  We'll see! 

No comments: