Saturday, October 23, 2010

Great Birthday!

I had a great birthday yesterday.  I got so many sweet wishes from family and friends via Facebook, e-mail, telephone, in person, Skype .....!!  It was wonderful.  I am so blessed.  I missed hearing from one person who is very special to me but I hope in the future, I will hear his voice again.  I can not dwell on the "what ifs" at this time.

We went out to dinner last night at the Boathouse Marina on Hwy 150 (right on Lake Norman).  If you have never been there, it is not a fancy place by any means.  The food is good and inexpensive.  We love going there on Friday nights for their catfish special - catfish filets, 2 sides with dessert for $6.95!  Can't beat it!  They also have great BBQ since they are owned by the Lancasters.  Give it a try! 

I got so many nice things yesterday - gift certificates, new kitchen towels and potholders, a wine "coozie", new printer (which I've had a few weeks so no surprise there), a pretty miniature rose plant.  My best surprise was a beautiful bromelaid plant from Ashley!  She had planned with Marianne to get it for her.  Of course, Marianne doesn't know the first thing about plants or where to find it.  She had to do a little detective work with Sonny and my Mom but she did good!  It is beautiful!  When Ashley moved into her house last year, one of her best friends gave her a bromelaid plant and I told her I had always wanted one.  Every time I visit her, I water her plant and take care of it, drooling over it probably!  So, she decided I needed my own! 





I also received some great cards - some store bought and some hand-made.  I want to share a few with you.


from Carol, my upline - love those inchies!

from Marianne!!  didn't she do great!

inside of Marianne's

from Judy - just beautiful!

No comments: