Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Christmas Monday Mailer

It's a new month for Monday Mailers and I decided to switch it up a little bit.  This month I am letting the recipients ask for the type of card they would like to receive.  As for me, I really don't care - just don't need any more Halloween cards!  Becky, who I am sending to, requested Christmas cards.  That's great because I need to get my butt in gear with my own Christmas cards so I can do mine right along with doing hers.  I really tried something different with the first card I sent her.  She should have received it today (or tomorrow) so I figured it would be ok to share it with you.


Front of card
 
View of card opened
I used the DSP from the Holiday Mini, Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler.  The sentiment is from Word Play.  The ribbon is actually vanilla ribbon - I used my dauber to color it.

Here's how I did it using the Sizzix Movers & Shapers Die.  I only wanted to cut half of the ornament out on the fold of my paper.
  • I started with a piece of  cardstock 4 1/4" x 11". 
  • Score at 2 3/4" & 5 1/2" (or instead of scoring, fold in half; then fold 1/2 back onto itself). 
  • Line the cardstock up so the fold is lined up on half of the ornament punch.    

Your "sandwich" will be an acrylic plate on the bottom (I used a long one) and a short acrylic plate on the top.  Run it through the machine and you will have half of the ornament punch!

If you would like to watch a video of this technique, I found one on You Tube.  You can watch it HERE.

I hope some of you took advantage - well, you still can - of the Clearance Sale.  I was putting an order in last night around 8:00 and it took forever to get to the Clearance page.  I think everyone in the country was checking out the great deals!  Stampin' Up made some server optimizations and code changes to enhance the Online Store's performance so now you should notice that Online Store orders will be processed faster.

No comments: