Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Will you walk into my parlor?"

"Will you walk into my parlor?" Said a spider to a fly" 

Sonny and I watched the most fascinating spider do her weaving today.  I just have to share the pictures that I took.

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE THE WHOLE WEB!!

The web is just huge and right in the center, she is making her weave.  I don't know what kind of spider it is, but she is really pretty!  I know my sister is skipping this post.  She HATES spiders!! 

Sonny was so good today - he worked out in the yard just about all day pulling those dratted weeds while I whiled away the day playing bridge!  Our yard is just awful and all my flower beds are overgrown with weeds.  It has just been so hot and humid that I would not go out and work in the yard.  This weekend is supposed to be in the low 80's!  I'm looking forward to fall!!

Several of you have inquired about my daughter, Ashley.  Well, she reported to Ft Hood (in Texas - about 2 hours from her home) last Monday.  She is by herself in a barrack and had to bring her own set of sheets.  She called that night after getting settled in to report - no wi-fi, no pillow, no shower curtain and only a small refrigerator & microwave.  Going out to eat for a month will get old.  The next day, she showered to no hot water!  So after she was done, she drove to her cousin's to spend the night (an hour away).  Wednesday didn't get much better - she went out to dinner and locked herself out of the barracks!  She couldn't get anyone to respond to unlock for her so that night was spent in a motel.  She'll probably be glad to get to Iraq!!  Luckily, she has her weekends free so she can go back home or to Austin to her cousin's home.  She was successful this weekend in renting out her house while she is deployed so that is one worry off her mind.  She will be leaving September 12th for Iraq.  Don't know how long it will take to get to her final destination of Mosul or for her to have a mailing address.  Many have requested her address for sending letters.  I will let you know when I receive it.  Thanks for all your kind words and prayers for her safety.

OK - I do have a card to share with you.  This is my Monday Mailer I did on Sunday.  I was on a roll this weekend and actually got quite a few cards made for my craft fair which I will be sharing with you later this week.

This card uses the Seasons of Friendship stamp.  I almost forgot I had this stamp.  I used some DSP from the mini catty (which retires next week!) for the grass.  I sponged clouds behind the tree with Bashful Blue.

No comments: