Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stop the Merry Go Round!

Stop the merry go round and let me off!  That's the way I feel ... too much to do and too little time to do it.  Since I was gone all weekend, I felt like I needed to spend a little quality time with my hubby on Monday.  So, we went to the Y, out to lunch and ran a few errands.  Yesterday, my sister's (and mine) "girlfriend" came over to learn a few stamping tricks while she was in town.  (Marianne calls her girlfriend although her name is Sharon.)  I showed her how to make a few flowers - the spiral ones I made HERE and the ones that you run through the crimper and then peel the paper apart like THESE.  I taught her the Black Magic Technique and a few other things.  Then we worked on some of our projects we didn't get finished at CKC.  After all our hard creative work, we went out to dinner with our respective husbands to Prickly Pear and shared a pitcher of their wonderful Pricky Pear Margaritas!  They are the best!!  Today I played Mahjong and have been working on the newsletter for Newcomers all evening.  I will be glad when my year is up as Secretary of Newcomers.  I have held this position for almost 2 years now and I am SICK of it!!  I need a break!  I just have to hold on about 5 more months. 

I think I told you a few weeks ago that my computer monitor died on me.  My brother in law lent me a smaller monitor that I have been using.  But, last week he sent me info about a super deal on a huge monitor so I ordered it.  It came today and ... WOW ... is it big!  It is 24".  I was previously working on a 16" or 18" screen.  This one takes up half of my desk!  It sure is nice though.   Well, you can also see my messy desk!

I do have a card to share with you.  It is a birthday card that I sent to a friend .... just a little late.  But you know, better late than never!!  I used an ice cream stamp that I bought from a big box store for $1.  It is colored with Copics and blinged with Stickles.



1 comment:

Jackie said...

I was the lucky recipient of that card and I love it! Thank you so much. I have a 24" monitor, too, and absolutely adore it. It makes a world of difference.