Monday, August 17, 2009

A little of this and a little of that

Sorry I've been MIA!! I had a great time at CK Convention this weekend in Charlotte and spent way too much $$$$!!! When my last class was over on Saturday, Sonny picked me up and we drove up to the Shelton Winery for a get-together with friends ... a little wine and a little Embers beach music in concert! It was a wonderful night - not too hot and a little breeze blowing. Sunday we went out on the boat for a few hours and then to my sister's for BBQ. And today was spent at the Y, but we ended up canceling out that workout by going for lunch at O'Charley's. Sonny had fish & chips and I had shrimp & grits, not to mention the "to die for" hot wheat rolls we had!

I took several classes at CK and will be posting pictures of them when I get them all finished. They just get you through the hard parts of the project and leave the rest for you to finish on your own. Here's a picture of Sharon, Marianne & me at our final class.
My daughter got back home safe and sound from Africa and has over 800 pictures to share with us! So far, I've just seen about 50 pictures that she posted on Facebook and they are incredible!! Here are two pictures that were my favorites - the cheetah out in the wild and posing for a picture! And, the lion hiding in the grasses!












My grandson turned 3 on Friday and my daughter in law made the cutest Mickey Mouse cake for his party (not without some issues with the fondant frosting though!)

3 comments:

GailnGA said...

Hi! I'm Gail from SCS...reading the blog thread. I just want you to know that I read you every day. You're on my daily rounds blog list. Thanks for the hard work and PLEASE don't quit blogging:(

Wanda in GSO said...

Hi Sharon, good to see pictures today of ya'll at CK Convention. I decided at the last minute not to go. I got my friend to find someone to take my place as a volunteer. They went and had fun. We may have decided next year to go for 2 days - because she said alot of the goodies in the CK Store were gone (empty). Good to see you went. Can't wait to see pictures of some of the projects from your classes....love to see what I missed. Glad ya'll had fun!

Wanda in GSO said...

Oh one more thing: that birthday cake of your grandson's is about the best I've seen for a youngster. Bet he had a ball at that party.