Friday, August 7, 2009

Inspired by Nature

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a white frame at the Dollar Store (at least I think that’s where it came from!)  Anyway, I wanted to do something different with it.  So after many different attempts, this is what I came up with:

101_3285

I used brown StazOn ink to color it and then I used Ritzy Ditzy Glitz in Bronze & Copper and sprayed it.  Then I used my heat gun to set it.  I have had this Ritzy Ditzy spray for several years.  I saw a demonstration at a convention somewhere and just had to have it.  But after I got home with it, I didn’t know what to do with it.  I have it in Bronze, Gold, Copper and Silver.  If you have any ideas for it, I’d love to hear about them!! 

The picture is the flowers from Inspired by Nature.  I sponged a little bit of blue on the top of the cream card and sponged green and Creamy Caramel on the middle and bottom of the card.  I stamped the “weeds” in Close to Cocoa craft ink and stamped the flowers in Baja Breeze.  I first put my stamp in Versa Mark; then the Baja Breeze so I could emboss it.  Then I framed the picture with the Parisian Breeze DSP (retired). 

I’m really happy with how it turned out!  I think I’ll be using this for a donation.  My Newcomers group is having a fashion show in October and we will be soliciting donations for prizes.  Would you like to win this?

I just have to share a conversation between my grandson and his mom (that she posted on her blog recently).  It just cracked me up!!

Jayce: I haf ew go poddy.
Mom: You do?
Jayce: Yes.  I haf ew go poddy.  A’cause my menis (he can make the “P” sound only selectively) is gettin’ on my nuhrve.

No comments: