Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thankful

This weekend started out pretty good.  Friday we went to Concord Mills and did some shopping for Jayce (grandson) who will be 3 in August!  He likes Thomas the Train so that is always fun for Sonny to pick them out.  Since we don’t get to see him much, we just have to imagine him playing with the trains.  After we returned home, things started going bad.  We received some disturbing news but weren’t so sure what it was all about.  Without going into a lot of details, it was a pretty big scare that turned out ok.  Everyone is fine but it sure makes you thankful for what you have.  And, it makes you realize that life can be taken away in a split second so you should be live each moment to the fullest!

I'm thankful for the mornings
and the bird song at first light.
I'm thankful for the heavens
with all its beauty in the night.
I'm thankful for my friends
who show me that they care.
I'm thankful for my family
for which I'm well aware.
I'm thankful for my faith
in a great God up above.
I'm thankful for my husband
who showers me with love.
I'm thankful for my children
as they have made me proud.
I'm thankful to those I've known
who stand out in a crowd.
Yes my life may be simple
and my means just as few.
But all this would mean nothing
if I never had friends like you.

sunrise

No comments: